Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded down 1.3% against the US dollar during the 1 day period ending at 16:00 PM Eastern on March 10th. Monero has a market capitalization of $3.37 billion and approximately $23.65 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Monero coin can currently be bought for approximately $212.39 or 0.02464070 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including BTC-Alpha, Abucoins, Bitfinex and Cryptox. In the last seven days, Monero has traded up 11.3% against the US dollar.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded down 4.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0026 or 0.00000031 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded up 9.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0093 or 0.00000108 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded 3.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.06 or 0.00023890 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded up 1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.97 or 0.00011301 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded down 7% against the dollar and now trades at $1.34 or 0.00015592 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded 5.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.61 or 0.00007114 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded down 1.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0048 or 0.00000056 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded 25.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0572 or 0.00000662 BTC.
- BitCoal (COAL) traded 3.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0290 or 0.00000336 BTC.
XMR is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the CryptoNight hashing algorithm. Its launch date was April 18th, 2014. Monero’s total supply is 15,863,581 coins. Monero’s official message board is forum.getmonero.org. Monero’s official Twitter account is @monerocurrency and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Monero is /r/monero and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official website for Monero is www.monero.cc.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Monero Coin Trading
Monero can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Kraken, Bisq, Tux Exchange, Qryptos, Gate.io, LiteBit.eu, Livecoin, SouthXchange, Coinroom, Cryptox, Abucoins, Upbit, Exrates, BTC-Alpha, Poloniex, Binance, HitBTC, Cryptomate, Braziliex, Bitfinex, OKEx, Bithumb, Mercatox, Bittrex, Exmo and Cryptopia. It is not possible to purchase Monero directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Monero must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Monero using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Ratings for Monero Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts’ ratings for Monero and related companies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE daily email newsletter.